Information We Collect
Teleran gathers information from you to help us manage our relationship with you. The information we gather may include:
- contact details, such as your user name, email address, telephone number, your company, and your title,
- if you contact us by email we may keep a record of your contact information and correspondence, including any information that you provide to us in your message,
- information you provide to us to receive technical assistance or during customer service interactions,
- shipping, billing, and payment information,
- your transaction history,
- information about other people that you may provide to us with any program or services,
- information about your computer or device, including browser type and settings, IP address, and traffic data relating to your Internet connection,
- product performance data and information about how you use our products and services, and
- aggregated data or other information that does not specifically identify you, such as actions taken on our websites.
How We Use Your Information
We may use your information to:
- allow you to view information on the website,
- provide you with a customized experience when you visit our websites,
- communicate with you, including responding to you if you contact us,
- provide, register and support our products and services,
- verify your identity and entitlement to products and services,
- facilitate the provisioning of services,
- manage your registered user account through which you can take advantage of the services made available by Teleran, including access to the support or the download websites,
- deliver newsletters, product updates or technical alerts,
- allow you to download our “white papers”, participate in webinars or request a space in one of our training classes,
- allow you to participate in webinars or request a space in one of our training classes,
- market specific products and services,
- provide quotes, process orders and subscriptions, update order status, ship products, and collect payment information and payment,
- evaluate, analyze and improve Teleran’s products and services through surveys, questionnaires, and other methods of gathering information,
- download investor information or to receive news feeds through our “RSS Feed Registration” service, or email alerts such as press releases, SEC filings or stock information, through our “Email Alert Subscription” service,
- collect feedback, conduct chat sessions and improve our chat sessions by reviewing them with our customer service representatives,
- communicate with you about and manage your participation in contests, offers or promotions,
- secure our systems and applications,
- enforce our legal rights or comply with legal requirements, and
- meet contractual obligations.
Information From Third Parties
How We Share Your Information
Teleran may share personally identifiable information submitted or collected among its own affiliated entities for purposes of improving products or services, responding to inquiries or orders, for processing or storage, and for the purposes listed in “How we use your information.”
Resellers and Partners
The information you provide to us about your interest in our products may be pseudonymized and shared with third parties, where allowable, to provide more relevant advertising of Teleran products and services. If you receive Teleran advertising on a third party website and you click on our product or service advertising, we will know the domain you come from. We do not track your other activities on that website.
Compliance with Laws and Law Enforcement
Teleran cooperates with governments, regulators, and law enforcement officials to enforce and comply with the law. We may disclose any information about you to government or law enforcement officials or private parties as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate to respond to claims and legal process (including subpoenas and court orders); to protect the property and rights of Teleran or a third party; the safety of the public or any person; to prevent or stop any illegal, unethical or legally actionable activity; or to comply with the law.
Teleran may decide to sell, merge or otherwise reorganize its businesses. Such transactions may involve, in accordance with applicable law, the disclosure of personal information to prospective or actual purchasers. In those case, Teleran seeks and obtains appropriate protection for personal information.
How We Protect Your Information
Teleran works hard to safeguard the confidentiality of your personally identifiable information. We employ security measures to protect your information from unauthorized access. Those measures include:
- the use of endpoint protection software, encryption, and monitoring of our systems and data centers to ensure that they comply with our security policies,
- controlled access to our facilities and secure destruction of media containing your information, and
- training and awareness programs on security and privacy to ensure employees understand the importance of and how to protect your information.
Additionally, all our employees have agreed to observe your privacy and confidentiality rights.
Personal data will be maintained only as necessary to satisfy the reasons for which it was collected. We also retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements.
Like many websites, we also use “cookies” and similar technology to, for example, collect additional website usage data and to improve our websites and service. A cookie is a small data file that we transfer to your computer’s hard disk. Some cookies may collect personal data in order to perform their intended functions. For example, in order to enable live chat assistance across multiple Teleran pages, a cookie may collect and store your name and chat history for the session. Teleran may use both session cookies and persistent cookies to better understand how you interact with our websites and our service, to monitor aggregate usage by our users and web traffic routing on our websites, and to improve our websites and services. Authorized third parties may also place their own cookies on our website, and may collect personal information.
Our Policy Towards Children
Teleran’s business is not focused on, nor do we knowingly collect information from children under the age of 13. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child under 13 has provided us with personally identifiable information, he or she should contact us at email@example.com. If we become aware that a child under 13 has provided us with personally identifiable information, we will remove that information.
Links to Other Websites
Managing Your Information
Choice to Opt-Out
We provide an opt-out choice for most types of communication, such as updates from us regarding new services and product releases. You may opt out from the use of your personal information for those non-required communications. Your opt-out choice may be exercised by clicking on the link provided in the emails you receive or by sending an unsubscribe request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Users cannot opt out of certain communications that are necessary for the service(s) provided to the user. For example, we may use your email address to confirm your opening of an account, to send you notice of payments, to send you information about changes to our products and services, to provide those products or services, and to send notices and other disclosures as required by law. We may also communicate by phone to resolve customer complaints or investigate suspicious transactions.
Inquiries, Access and Updating Your Personal Data
Please help us keep the personal data you have shared accurate and up to date. For further information on how to do this and how to exercise data subject rights, please visit our Data Subject Requests page. You may also make these updates yourself online as a registered user via our customer or partner portals.
Last updated: July 10, 2020